To avert a total melt down between Dad and the puppies, Mom, Bonnie and Clyde took off to the cellphone store and got Dad a new phone. Once back with the new phone, we were sitting in the living room reprogramming contacts when Bonnie came walking in with the battery in her mouth. It was of course immediately confiscated. Finally, we noticed the rest of the phone under the base of the TV. We put the battery back in and the phone turned on. It would have still been usable except for the fact that the cover no longer lined up correctly and wouldn't stay on.
The phone had been sitting on an end table charging. Our theory is that the puppies went behind the chair and accidentally knocked it off. How they were able to chew through the wires without shocking themselves or tripping a breaker is still a mystery. The basic lesson we learned through all of this is that puppies and cellphones don't mix.
We were chatting with our friends at the local feedstore and told them about the cellphone incident. We were talking about them growing fast and fitting into the new harnesses we were buying. She reassured us that the harness is adjustable and will fit them for a while even though they are likely to grow very quickly because cellphones are very filling!
I'm thinking cellphones are not a part of a balanced puppy diet, so we are making sure to keep our cellphones, computer chargers and other miscellaneous electronics up high or in the other room away from sharp little puppy teeth.